Category Archives: ASIAN GREENS
- 3 ounces (1 1/2 cups) arugula leaves
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) Parmesan cheese, thinly shaved
- 3 1/2 ounces of Enoki Mushrooms
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 1.Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Brittany sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash arugula leaves and Enoki mushrooms and drain well.
- Slice garlic cloves into thin chips, then fry them in olive oil until browned and crisp.
- Let cool and dry on paper towel.
- Put arugula into a salad bowl and scatter the garlic chips and Parmesan cheese over top.
- Make the dressing by mixing the oil and vinegar together in a tightly lidded screw-top jar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Tatsoi (or other cooking green)
- Sea salt
- Chile pepper flakes
- Separate, wash, and dry the tatsoi leaves.
- In a saute pan, heat a little olive or coconut oil or a shallot or garlic vinaigrette and cook the leaves briefly, for just a few minutes, until the leaves are wilted but the stems are still crisp.
- Season with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and chile flakes (optional) and serve warm.
**May use bok-choi, spinach, or other cooking green for this recipe**
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger root
- 2 cups sprouted crunchy bean mix (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 bunch tatsoi or kale (may also add greens from your salad mix.)
- In a large bow whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, oil, sugar, and gingerroot until combined well.
- Add sprouts and toss until coated.
- Marinate sprouts 30 minutes.
- Add tatsoi and toss until combined well.
- 1 c cooked cannellini, navy or gigantes (lima beans)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 to 4 leeks, white parts only, diced
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped from stems and slivered
- 1 small savoy cabbage, quarted, cored and chopped
- 2 plump galric cloves, minces or pounded with a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 T olive oil, plus extra to finish
- Brittany sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Chop all the vegetables (rinse the leeks, kale and cabbage but don’t dry them).
- Warm 2 T of the oil in a heavy, wide skillet.
- Add the onions and leeks, and cook over medium-low heat until the onion is soft but not browned, about 12 minutes.
- Add the kale, cabbage, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Cook with the heat on low and the pan covered until the vegetables are soft and the volume greatly reduced, about 30 minutes.
- Add the beans, along with a cup or two of their cooking liquid. Simmer until the greens are completely tender, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with, or over, garlic-rubbed toast, drizzled with olive oil.