Category Archives: EGGPLANT
- 1 or 2 eggplant
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1 t fresh basil leaves
- Trim stem from eggplant, cut into wedges.
- Pour olive oil into a wide frying pan over med-high heat.
- Add eggplant and brown nicely on one cut side; takes about 2 min. Then turn and add ½ t salt, basil, and 3 T water.
- Cover pan and cook over med heat; check at 1 to 2 min. intervals, adding about 2 T water at a time as it is absorbed.
- Shake pan or turn pieces as necessary, until completely tender; total cooking time will be about 12 min.
- Season to taste if needed. Serve hot.
- 1 c rice
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 sm onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 t fresh basil or marjoram
- 2 T coconut oil or butter
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, and scoop out the center from each half, leaving a 1/2″ shell.
- Dice the eggplant meat.
- Place eggplant shells cut side down in a large skillet with about 1/2″ boiling, salted water.
- Cover and steam 3 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil and cook diced eggplant, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender.
- Add cooked rice and seasonings, and stir to combine. Stuff mixture into the eggplant shells and dot with butter.
- Bake in a preheated, 350’F oven about 35 minutes or until eggplant shells are tender.
- Makes two main dish servings.
- 2 to 3 med. Eggplant, sliced ¼ to ½ inch thick
- 2/3 c Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 c Fine bread crumbs
- Coconut or Olive oil for frying
- 3 c your favorite Tomato sauce
- 1 lb Mozzarella, fresh, sliced or graded
- 1/2 c Fresh Parmesan, grated
- 2 T basil, minced if fresh or dried
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (preferably fresh)
- 3 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 16 tomato slices (roughly 4 large tomatoes)
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Brittany sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Dip each slice in a small amount of oil, sprinkle with Brittany sea salt and fresh ground pepper and grill until browned. Set aside and let cool.
- Arrange 3 slices of grilled eggplant on each plate and top with four slices of tomato.
- Place the grated mozzarella and chopped basil leaves on top of eggplant. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and oil and serve at room temperature.