Category Archives: HERBS & SPICES
- 2 to 3 med. Eggplant, sliced ¼ to ½ inch thick
- 2/3 c Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 c Fine bread crumbs
- Coconut or Olive oil for frying
- 3 c your favorite Tomato sauce
- 1 lb Mozzarella, fresh, sliced or graded
- 1/2 c Fresh Parmesan, grated
- 2 T basil, minced if fresh or dried
- 1 or 2 eggplant
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1 t fresh basil leaves
- Trim stem from eggplant, cut into wedges.
- Pour olive oil into a wide frying pan over med-high heat.
- Add eggplant and brown nicely on one cut side; takes about 2 min. Then turn and add ½ t salt, basil, and 3 T water.
- Cover pan and cook over med heat; check at 1 to 2 min. intervals, adding about 2 T water at a time as it is absorbed.
- Shake pan or turn pieces as necessary, until completely tender; total cooking time will be about 12 min.
- Season to taste if needed. Serve hot.