Category Archives: TOFU
- 2 medium onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 c (about 3 lbs.) zucchini, sliced
- 1 c carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 c water
- 4 tbs. vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 16-oz tofu, preferably silken tofu
- In a large soup pot, saute the onions, carrots and zucchini in the oil together with the salt, for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the water (and wine, if desired), broth, pepper and tofu and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth, return to the heat and cook for a few more minutes.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sesame seed oil
- Coconut Butter
- Minced garlic chives
- Fresh ginger
- Pinch of red pepper
- Tamari sauce
- ½ lb Firm tofu
- Swiss chard or mizuna
- Sesame seeds
- Drain tofu and cut up into cubes.
- Set cubes in marinade and turn occasionally.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours at room temperature.
- Pour off marinade into skillet and simmer 1-2 min.
- Add torn pieces of cooking greens and cover pan.
- Stir occasionally and continue simmering until the greens wilts.
- Add the tofu and sesame seeds and heat through.
- May serve over brown rice.